[Openstack-operators] Setting affinity based on instance type

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at internap.com
Thu Mar 3 02:35:07 UTC 2016

What would prevent the next user from having workloadB collocated with
an other user's workloadA if that's the only capacity available?

Unless aggregates are used, it will be hard to guaranty that workloadA
and workloadB (from any users) are never collocated.

You could probably play with custom weighers where a specialized
aggregate would be preferred over the others unless there isn't capacity
left. This would also mean that strict filters can't be used anymore
like suggested. (and it will need custom Python code to be written)

The main challenge I see is not the single first anti-affinity request,
it's all the subsequent others which will also require anti-affinity.

Mathieu