[Openstack-operators] upgrade kilo to makita database problems

Dariusz Śmigiel smigiel.dariusz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:52:29 UTC 2016

Hey Jack,

Usually, skipping versions is not supported. Although, there is old
thread [1] where some attempts to do this are described.
>From my perspective (though, I'm not a glance dev), it seems like you
could hit problem with missing steps for creating table (probably one
of these [2][3]).
I would personally go to see release notes [4] and [5] and check what
changed between versions.

I know I didn't give direct answer, but I hope it will allow you to
look further.

Dariusz

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2016-June/010724.html
[2] https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/48ee8ef4793ed40397613193f09872f474c11abe/glance/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo/versions/036_rename_metadef_schema_columns.py
[3] https://github.com/openstack/glance/blob/48ee8ef4793ed40397613193f09872f474c11abe/glance/db/sqlalchemy/migrate_repo/versions/039_add_changes_to_satisfy_models_metadef.py
[4] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes/Liberty
[5] https://releases.openstack.org/mitaka/

> Has anyone tried upgrading glance kilo to mitaka? I hit the following:
>

>  ERROR glance OperationalError: (_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError) (1091,
> "Can't DROP 'metadef_objects_namespace_id_fkey'; check that column/key
> exists") [SQL: u'ALTER TABLE metadef_objects DROP FOREIGN KEY
> metadef_objects_namespace_id_fkey']

Darek "dasm" Śmigiel