[Openstack-operators] Draft Agenda for AUS Ops at Summit

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Mon Apr 4 04:11:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've taken the suggestions from the etherpad and attempted to wrangle
them into something that would fit in the space we have with as few
conflicts as possible.

As a reminder, we have two different kind of sessions - General
Sessions, which are discussions for the operator community aimed to
produce actions (eg best practices, feedback on badness), and Working
groups focus on specific topics aiming to make concrete progress on
tasks in that area.

We also have a completely unstructured ops meetup on Friday, just like
in Tokyo, only in a room this time.

As always, some stuff has been munged and mangled in an attempt to fit
it in so please take a look at the below and reply with your comments!
Is anything missing? Something look like a terrible idea? Want to
completely change the room layout? There's still a little bit of space
at this stage.

Monday 	Salon E (112) 	Salon D (112) 	MR406 (98) 	MR409 (55) 	MR410
(38) 	MR412 (38)
11:15 - 11:55 	Liberty upgrades - what worked, what didn't, what would
we do differently next time 	Session 2 	Roadmap Feedback Request from
Ops 	Large Deployments Team 	WG2 	WG3
12:05 - 12:45 	Taxonomy of Failures 	Beyond the Release Notes 	Requests
for Enhancement Process 	Large Deployments Team 	WG2 	WG3
12:45 - 1:50 	Lunch
2:00 - 2:40 	Deployment methods 	Customer Onboarding best practices
Session 9 	OSOps 	Scientific WG 	Ops Tags Team
2:50 - 3:30 	Lightning Talks 	Logging: if you could get one thing fixed
this cycle, what would it be? 	Docs: should the Ops Guide have a new
revision? 	OSOps 	Scientific WG 	Ops Tags Team
3:40 - 4:20 	Lightning Talks 	Config Options 	Future of op meetups
organisation 	WG 6 	Logging 	WG8
4:20 - 4:40 	Break
4:40 - 5:20 	Containers 	Session 17 	Session 18 	Ops Recognition - what
is it, and where is it going? 	NFV/Telco 	WG12
5:30 - 6:10 	Containers 	Inventory Management 	Session 21 	Ops
Recognition - what is it, and where is it going? 	NFV/Telco 	WG12
6:10 - 7:30 	Marketplace Booth Crawl Happy Hour!!

Tuesday 	Other Rooms

11:15 - 11:55 	Scientific WG

Wednesday 	Other Rooms 	Other Rooms

1:50 - 2:30 	User Committee 	Large Deployment Team

2:40 - 3:20 	User Committee

Friday 	Salon E (112) 	Salon C

09:00 - 12:30 	Unstructured

12:45 - 1:50