[Openstack-operators] qemu 1.x to 2.0

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue Feb 24 18:40:06 UTC 2015

Joe,

Finally got time to check the QEMU 2.0 upgrade. =)

On 2014-11-26 11:30 PM, Joe Topjian wrote:

> Upon trying a migration again, I got an error about a
> missing pxe-virtio.rom.12.04. This was also mentioned in this bug report:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1291321
>
> So I copied the /usr/share/qemu/pxe-virtio.rom file from a compute node
> that wasn't yet upgraded as /usr/share/qemu/pxe-virtio.rom.12.04 on the
> upgraded node (and the destination node of the migration). I rebooted
> libvirt-bin and sure enough the migration worked!

I found out that the /usr/share/qemu/pxe-virtio.rom.12.04 file is
packaged in the kvm-ipxe-precise package.

Unfortunately, it is missing from UCA for Icehouse (Ubuntu 12.04).
The package is only available in the Ubuntu 14.04 repository.

How did you fix it on your side? Did you automate the copy of
pxe-virtio.rom.12.04?

Shouldn't the kvm-ipxe-precise package be made available in UCA?

--
Mathieu