[Openstack-operators] How do you provide instance FQDN to the user?

Polombo Daniel DPolombo at voyages-sncf.com
Fri Feb 20 08:31:40 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

     I'm wondering how people are usually providing the instances' public names (as in the FQDN associated to the floating IP) to the user?

The dashboard provides direct access to the floating IP, obviously, but I'm sure there's a better way than asking the user to perform a reverse DNS resolution ...

We need this functionality to provide the public names and give easier internet access to our private cloud instances.

Regards,

      Daniel