[Openstack-operators] [Ceilometer] Real world experience with Ceilometer deployments - Feedback requested

Allamaraju, Subbu subbu at subbu.org
Mon Feb 16 22:46:40 UTC 2015

You bring up a very good point. What are the parts that are uniquely useful? Here are two key reasons why we chose to bite the bullet and operationalize Ceilometer at work:

1. Stable set of APIs for tenants to access and publish metrics and alarms
2. An unobtrusive way for providers to collect metrics of tenant resources

There are a ton of tools out there to gather metrics, to store, to process, to raise alarms etc. However, without stable set of interfaces, it is tough to build large ecosystems.

My 2 cents.

Subbu