[Openstack-operators] Fwd: [openstack-dev] [stable] Organizational changes to support stable branches

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Fri Nov 14 22:06:45 UTC 2014

On 15 November 2014 07:57, Kris G. Lindgren <klindgren at godaddy.com> wrote:
> I personally am hoping for a clear definition of what "stable" actually
> means.

Congruence on that is critical.

> I know we (Godaddy) try to stay on stable releases and not
> run on trunk, I assume a majority of other operators do as well.

Some large public cloud operators run production on trunk. The
dissonance between this approach and what is the traditional
enterprise behaviour of using a stable branch is a significant. If we
assume that the large operators are getting the best stability
results, then should enterprises be investing in CI/CD and all that it
entails?

Roland