[Openstack-operators] Creating nova instance without backing image

Abel Lopez alopgeek at gmail.com
Wed May 21 18:03:39 UTC 2014

No, I just looked through nova.conf reference and glance-api.conf reference and there is no option for NOT using the backing image.

When migrating a bare metal system, you should really ensure that things like logs are purged, even home directories, etc.
Best practice to have /var mounted on a separate partition too.