[Openstack-operators] A Hypervisor supporting containers

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Mon May 5 17:26:11 UTC 2014

<fixed top post quoting for clarity sake>

Excerpts from matt's message of 2014-05-02 00:11:24 -0700:
> On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 3:06 AM, Aaron Rosen <aaronorosen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> > you know, i've never worked anywhere that didn't roll their own distro.
> > <snip>
>
> git clone nova
> git clone  https://github.com/stackforge/nova-docker nova/nova/virt/docker
>
> </snip>
>
> in the real world.  this doesn't happen ever.

Which is it though. Are orgs rolling their own distros, implying gathering
source directly and packaging it together, or are they refusing to gather
source and package it together, as you've said doesn't happen ever?

Anyway, it sounds to me like containers are as alive in Icehouse as they
were in Havana, we've just done some examination and posted a public
health report explaining how risky it might be to rely on them to carry
your organization.