[Openstack-operators] Quota Templates

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 01:39:33 UTC 2014

This doesn't particularly hit our main quota issue. IMO templates could
easily be implemented with a script. Also, the more I think about it, they
probably should be implemented that way, since this kind of policy often
gets overly complex when you try to implement a general solution, and the
script solution is just fine for us.

If you're interested in quotas, we have a completely different problem with
quotas that is a real showstopper for us. We have a really large dynamic
range in resource quantities for our different instance types. (for
example, we have 3 orders of magnitudes in the range of memory
configurations). This makes quotas pretty useless for us as they are
currently implemented, since you can't represent limits for these different
kinds of resources in the same quota. Something like per-instance-type
quotas would at least allow us to restrict users to a fixed number of
instances of a given type, bypassing the current quota mechanism.

Just my 2c.
 -nld