[Openstack-operators] Quota Templates

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Sat Apr 5 04:19:36 UTC 2014

+1

per-instance-type quotas would be more useful in the clouds that I work in
than a quota template that's attached to a project.

Our quotas can be grouped into two categories: users with the default quota
and everyone else. Past the default quota, there aren't enough similar
quotas that would warrant a template.

On the other hand, per-instance-type quotas would allow us better control
over a standard compute node with average hardware and, say, an SSD-based
compute node.

per-volume-type quotas would be of similar use, but I'm just speculating on
that one given the close relationship to per-instance-type.