[Openstack-operators] Neutron HA

Daneyon Hansen (danehans) danehans at cisco.com
Wed Jul 17 18:09:13 UTC 2013

Jacob,

At this time, not with the L3 Agent.  I suggest following this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1154622

Regards,
Daneyon Hansen
Software Engineer
Email: danehans at cisco.com
Phone: 303-718-0400
http://about.me/daneyon_hansen

From: Jacob Godin <jacobgodin at gmail.com<mailto:jacobgodin at gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:37 AM
To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>" <openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [Openstack-operators] Neutron HA

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully deployed a truly HA setup of Neutron (Quantum)? I've been reading about the agent scheduling functionalities etc., but they do not seem to provide true HA in a failure scenario. Particularly, this article lays it out nicely: http://www.mirantis.com/blog/a-new-agent-management-approach-in-quantum-for-openstack-grizzly/.

I'm using OVS, and have a dedicated network node with my OVS, dhcp, and L3 agents running on it. What I want to do, is deploy those services to my "secondary" (or second active) networking node. In the case of a failure, this node should pick up any networking tasks that the other node was responsible for.