[Openstack-operators] Neutron HA

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 17:37:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Has anyone successfully deployed a truly HA setup of Neutron (Quantum)?
I've been reading about the agent scheduling functionalities etc., but they
do not seem to provide true HA in a failure scenario. Particularly, this
article lays it out nicely:
http://www.mirantis.com/blog/a-new-agent-management-approach-in-quantum-for-openstack-grizzly/
.

I'm using OVS, and have a dedicated network node with my OVS, dhcp, and L3
agents running on it. What I want to do, is deploy those services to my
"secondary" (or second active) networking node. In the case of a failure,
this node should pick up any networking tasks that the other node was
responsible for.