[Openstack-operators] Fwd: [openstack-dev] SSL and devstack

heckj heckj at mac.com
Sat Oct 27 20:41:44 UTC 2012

Adam posted this thread to the OpenStack-dev mailing list, but since some of the context here is what (simple) tooling requirements should exist for establishing SSL certs within the confines of various CA mechanisms, I thought it would be good to get some input from the broader operator community.

The last paragraph being the one with relevant questions:

> We can generate a csr based on the hostname of the machine,
> and that way we know that the certificate is formatted for SSL, but is it really
> better to write a tool to do this (it is goingto be done once very year or there
> about) or just point the users at decent documentation about how to do it
> themselves?

The whole message: