[Openstack-operators] nova add-floating-ip fails

mpedersen at choopa.com mpedersen at choopa.com
Thu May 10 21:03:52 UTC 2012

On Thu, 10 May 2012 14:57:42 -0400, <mpedersen at choopa.com> wrote:
> It's also 100% reproducible. If I use the web interface, then it works.
If
> I use the command line, it doesn't.
>
> To be fair, it's a little more precise than that, and might have
something
> specific to do with my configuration (and I don't even know it). When I
go
> through the web, I notice that "nova-manage floating list" shows all
> allocated IPs as belonging to the demo project. When I use the command
> line, they belong to the admin project. Not sure if that helps at all.

Further experimentation has shown me that it's not just the admin user: No
tenant *other* than the demo tenant can successfully assign an IP. The GUI
claims it works, the command line claims it works, "nova-manager floating
list" says it works, but the IP address is never successfully assigned.

I'll admit that I'm trying to avoid code diving, but it's starting to look
necessary. Any suggestions before I do?