[Openstack-operators] nova-network

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:58:24 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I would like to put nova-network module onto a single (VRRP-secured) host,
which is
the only "gateway" having access to the public IP switch, for the Nova
Cloud.

However, I read (somewhere), that there the public IP range must be at
least 8,
but I am having just about 6.
Now I wonder why even nova-network is having such a constraint.
Because from my point of view, nova-network just needs to DNAT/reroute the
incoming
traffic to the public destination IP of interest into the internal VM,
which should
also work if you've just one floating IP available, or two, or three, ...
:-)

Many thanks,
Christian Parpart.