[Openstack-internships] Openstack-internships Digest, Vol 15, Issue 3

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 16:16:47 UTC 2016

On 09/02/2016 05:53 AM, Shaifali Agrawal wrote:
> Hi Namrata!
>
> Thanks for your interest.
>
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Namrata Bilurkar
> <namratab94 at gmail.com <mailto:namratab94 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello,
>
>     I am Namrata Bilurkar, recently graduated with an engineering
>     degree in information science and I have been lurking on the
>     OpenStack mailing list for a while now and this year I want to
>     start contributing to it. Like
>>     Maitreyee, I too am a Pythonista and have been interested in
>     Keystone and Horizon projects, but didn't know how or where to
>     start. I have checked out the How to contribute
>     <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute> page and have
>     read up the documentation of Gerrit workflow.
>

> So next steps that you can do is look at the buglist of Keystone and
> Horizon like[1], filter out some bugs that you find interesting and
> not assigned to anyone, and start working on any of them. Feel free to
> ask for help on IRC channels if you are stuck somewhere.
>
> [1]: https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone

Its not just Keystone.  I would argue that Keystone client and Openstack
CLI Keystone commands are where people just getting involved can be of
most use.

Any API  command that does not have a keystone client stub can't be
called via Python.

Any Keystoneclient stub that does not have a corresponding change in
python-openstackclient can't be called from the command line.

Implied Roles            https://review.openstack.org/#/c/290253/

This has stalled because I don't have time to finish them.

Any of the unimplemented APIs in domain configuration need
keystoneclient support first:

http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/identity/v3/#domain-configuration

and then python-openstack client implementation second.