[OpenStack-Infra] Bug: incorrect HTTP headers on Rackspace CDN S3 used by OS Infra

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Oct 12 14:29:37 UTC 2019

On 2019-10-12 16:02:55 +0200 (+0200), Roman Gorshunov wrote:
> I’m experiencing problems accessing certain content served by
> Rackspace CDN S3 used by OS Infra, and looking for help to get
> problem resolved.
[...]

After some lengthy discussion, this workaround was implemented:

    https://review.opendev.org/688154

Any logs uploaded there for build which began after it merged at
22:02 UTC should no longer exhibit this behavior with browsers which
are unable to correctly combine multiple list-type headers as
allowed by IETF RFC 2616 section 4.2:

    "Multiple message-header fields with the same field-name MAY be
    present in a message if and only if the entire field-value for
    that header field is defined as a comma-separated list"

Note that while what the Rackspace CDN is doing may be atypical,
it's allowed by accepted Internet standards. If the source code for
your Web browser is readily available, then it may make sense to
assist its maintainer community in resolving their lack of complete
HTTP support.