[OpenStack-Infra] Meeting Agenda for July 9, 2019

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 07:43:06 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 02:36:11PM -0700, Clark Boylan wrote:
> ** Mirror setup updates (clarkb 20190709)
> *** Do we replace existing mirrors with new opendev mirrors running openafs 1.8.3?

I won't make it to the meeting tomorrow sorry, but here's the current
status, which is largely reflected in

 https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/opendev-mirror-afs

The kafs based servers have been paused for now due the hard crashes
in fscache, which requires us to monitor it very closely, which wasn't
happening over holiday breaks.

 https://review.opendev.org/#/c/669231/

dhowells is on vacation till at least the 15th, and there is no real
prospect of those issues being looked at until after then.

There are some changes in the afs-next kernel branch for us to try,
which should help with the "volume offline" issues we saw being
reported when a "vos release" was happening (basically making kafs
switch to the other server better).  I believe that capturing logs
from our AFS servers helped debug these issues.

I can take an action item to build a kernel with them and switch it
back in for testing late next week when I am back (or someone else
can, if they like).  This will give enough for a Tested-By: flag for
sending those changes to Linus upstream.

Once everyone is back, we can look more closely at the fscache issues,
which are currently a blocker for future work.

I'm not aware of any issues with openafs 1.8.3 based mirrors.  If we
need any new mirrors, or feel the need to replace those in production,
we should be fine bringing them up with that.

Thanks,

-i