[OpenStack-Infra] Proposed changes to how we run our meeting

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Sun Nov 18 19:09:29 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

In Berlin there was a forum session on dealing with timezones and language barriers. There were a couple related ideas that came out of that session. In particular that having meetings only when there is a strong agenda helps people avoid staying up all night for nothing and that listing an agenda ahead of time can help non english speakers better prepare for the meeting.

Both ideas seem sound to me and I think we should try to implement them for the Infra team. I propose that we require agenda updates 24 hours prior to the meeting start time and if there are no agenda updates we cancel the meeting. Curious to hear if others think this will be helpful and if 24 hours is enough lead time to be helpful.

We'll have our meeting this Tuesday (with this item on the agenda), but it would probably also be good to use the mailing list for feedback as I think that gives us a broader set of potential feedback.

Thank you,
Clark