[OpenStack-Infra] Merging feature/zuulv3 into master in Zuul and Nodepool repos

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:12:03 UTC 2018

Hi Clark,

You might find the following series of commands help automate this a little
more.

git merge -s ours --no-commit feature/zuulv3
git read-tree -u --reset feature/zuulv3
git commit -m "replace mainline with feature/zuulv3"

Basically it replaces the current branch contents with everything that came
from feature/zuulv3, so no risk that changes get merged at all, whatever
was on the master branch is ignored.

Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool" - unknown