[OpenStack-Infra] [zuul] Feedback requested for tox job definition

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Wed Mar 8 20:45:30 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 12:03:21PM -0500, David Shrewsbury wrote:
> They're both fairly easy to understand. I think the multi-playbook option
> might make any customization that we might need to do later a bit easier,
> if that's something we foresee
> doing to these playbooks. If they're pretty much set in stone as they are
> though, I don't
> think it will matter much either way.

Ya, so far 438281 (multi-playbook) seems to be the front runner. But like you
said, none of this is set in stone. It is completely possible some time down the
road another option will be more valid.

For me, 438281, is also easy mode for our JJB conversion.  I've tried to base
the playbook names on how our JJB currently looks today.  Not to say this is the
right / wrong approach, but I think it will make things a little easier for
projects (even openstack-infra) to convert from JJB to ansible.

Once we move away from our nodepool/scripts we bake into images, I imagine we
might have this discussion again.