[OpenStack-Infra] [zuul] Feedback requested for tox job definition

David Shrewsbury shrewsbury.dave at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 17:03:21 UTC 2017

They're both fairly easy to understand. I think the multi-playbook option
might make any customization that we might need to do later a bit easier,
if that's something we foresee
doing to these playbooks. If they're pretty much set in stone as they are
though, I don't
think it will matter much either way.

-Dave

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Paul Belanger <pabelanger at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 08, 2017 at 10:20:23AM -0500, Paul Belanger wrote:
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > Allow me to bring to your attention a series of patches which create our
> first
> > zuulv3 jobs. Specifically, we are looking to discuss what a generic tox
> job in
> > ansible will look like.
> >
> > Currently, we have 2 proposed patches for zuul (feature/zuulv3) branch
> > available:
> >
> > Generic tox (single playbook)
> > - https://review.openstack.org/438281
> >
> Apologies, ^ is our multiple playbooks
>
> > Generic tox (multi playbook)
> > - https://review.openstack.org/442180
> >
> ^ is our single playbook
>
> > Starting with 438281, the main differences lay within the .zuul.yaml
> file. As
> > you can see by looking at the code, we are not defining any variables
> (vars) in
> > .zuul.yaml. This means, we create 3 separate playbooks (tox-cover.yaml,
> > tox-py27, tox-linters.yaml) which then contain the variables we need for
> our tox
> > role.
> >
> > With 442180, we move our tox role variables into .zuul.yaml (vars
> section) and
> > use a single playbook (tox.yaml) as our entry point for each job.
> >
> > Everything else between the 2 patches is the same. So, with that in
> mind, which
> > patch do people prefer?
> >
> > -PB

David Shrewsbury (Shrews)