[OpenStack-Infra] [zuul] third-party CI for zuul-jobs

Tristan Cacqueray tdecacqu at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 10:07:39 UTC 2017

On November 28, 2017 7:37 pm, James E. Blair wrote:
> Jens Harbott <j.harbott at x-ion.de> writes:

>>> TL;DR; Is it alright if we re-enable this CI and report those tests on
>>>       zuul-jobs patchsets?
>>
>> I like the general idea, but please wait for more feedback until doing so.
>
> I am in favor of the idea in general, thanks!
>
>> Also, IMHO it would be better if you could change the "recheck-sf"
>> trigger to something that does not also rerun upstream checks. What
>> seems to work well for other projects is "run ci-name", where ci-name
>> is the name of the Gerrit account.
>
> Actually, I'd prefer that we do the opposite.  I'd like the recheck
> command for both to just be "recheck".  There's no harm in both systems
> re-running tests for a change in this case, and it keeps things simpler
> for developers.  The requirements in
> https://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/third_party.html#requirements
> state that all systems should honor "recheck".  I'd like to go beyond
> that in zuul-jobs and say that third-party ci systems on that repo
> should *only* honor "recheck".

How about supporting both comments, like that we can still recheck a
single CI system? When doing tests, there is no need to consume other
CI resources...

> In the meeting today we agreed that we should start by reporting without
> voting, gain some confidence, then enable +1/-1 voting.
>
> -Jim

Thanks for the feedback. I've increased coverage by creating more jobs,
though I didn't enable the patchset-created event yet because zuul-jobs
isn't usable as-is on our systems, mostly because zuul isn't sudoer.

Here is a collection of fix to cover the bare minimal roles
(prepare-workspace, emit-ara) and to run the tox job on CentOS:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:fix-centos-7

CI is success on https://review.openstack.org/525510
And a negative test is working on https://review.openstack.org/522438

Regards,