[OpenStack-Infra] Tools for tracking the Scientific WG

Blair Bethwaite blair.bethwaite at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:08:17 UTC 2016

Hi Stig, hi all,

On 6 May 2016 at 18:41, Stig Telfer <stig.openstack at telfer.org> wrote:
> One possibility I’m considering for mapping tasks and tracking progress on the activities of the working group would be to use Storyboard.  As I understand it the Infra team use Storyboard, can anyone comment from experience on whether Storyboard would be a good choice for tracking the activities of a working group?

How confident are you that storyboard fits here? I haven't tried to
use it before and don't really know anything much about it, but I did
have a 10 sec look and it seems like it has been designed as a kind of
task and epic tracking/coordination tool for OpenStack dev type
activities - would that be fair? One immediate impression I get from
it is that it has a view of the world (versus just a plain list making
tool), and I'm not entirely sure this will fit with the (potentially
many and varied) activities of a working group. It might be suitable
for some of them, but probably not all? I couldn't immediately figure
out how to create trello-like lists of cards (can't seem to create
arbitrary cards).

If that's true, then I think I'd prefer to just use trello as a
light-weight tracker & coordinator and items can get fleshed out
further in other places as appropriate. How do you feel about that?

--
Cheers,
~Blairo