[OpenStack-Infra] Migrated review-dev.openstack.org

Ian Wienand iwienand at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 04:57:56 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Pursuant to our discussion at [1] I have migrated this host.

I created a new 100GiB cinder volume and copied the old ~gerrit2 to
this.  This is now mounted at ~gerrit2 on the new 30GiB host in a
manner similar to review.openstack.org

SSL needs to be updated.  I will speak with experts in this field
(i.e. fungi).

I hit a number of issues.  For whatever reason, new hosts do not come
up with working ipv6 addresses, necessitating some work-arounds.  See
the series at [2].

Another thing was that the rackdns command from [3] does not seem to
show all our hosts?  I tried

 ianw at puppetmaster:~$ . ~root/ci-launch/openstack-rs-nova.sh
 ianw at puppetmaster:~$ . ~root/rackdns-venv/bin/activate
 ianw at puppetmaster:~$ rackdns record-list openstack.org

There's no ipv6 hosts in there, no entries for review-dev and lots of
others.  If this isn't user error, I can look into it further.  So I
ended up modifying the DNS via the web-interface where all the hosts
were listed correctly.

It took me a little too long to realise that the new host was trying
to share the remote db with the old host, causing all sorts of havoc.
Something to think about when writing puppet, anyway.

I'll remove the old host once we're satisfied the new one is working.

Thanks,

-i

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/infra/2016/infra.2016-08-16-19.02.html
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:launch-node