[OpenStack-Infra] Moving a project to OpenStack Gerrit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Nov 30 16:13:00 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-30 16:46:33 +0900 (+0900), Sandro Mathys wrote:
[...]
> Is it maybe possible to mirror the gerrit repo to our GitHub repo
> in addition to the other two mirrors (git.openstack.org and
> openstack/midonet on GitHub)?

Our Gerrit configuration depends on replication targets having
matching namespaces, hence the GitHub organization on a Git replica
is determined by the part of the repository name before the / in
Gerrit. It might be *technically* possible to remap this for a
specific repository with a custom destination, but every distinct
replication destination comes at a performance cost and altering the
replication config also implies a Gerrit outage since it only
rereads it when the daemon starts. All that is to say, I'm sorry but
it's also not something we're going to support.