[OpenStack-Infra] How to merge two branches on Gerrit

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Nov 20 18:12:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015, at 09:48 PM, Takehiro Kaneko wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> I tried the procedure "Merge Feature Branch into Master" in order, and
> when
> I run the command below I got an error.
>
> $ git review -R
> remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
> To ssh://
> takehirokaneko at review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/python-rackclient.git
>  ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/publish/master/bug/1473826 (you are not
> allowed to upload merges)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://
> takehirokaneko at review.openstack.org:29418/openstack/python-rackclient.git'
>
> Is this mean I need to be granted to push merges?
Yes, pushing merge commits is typically not allowed in our Gerrit ACLs
so you will need to explicitly allow it. The swift ACL config has an
example of this [0]. You can push a change to your project's ACL config
to update it to do this. Typically we would restrict it to the release
group since the process is a little involved and can cause confusion in
Gerrit if not done properly.

[0]
https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/project-config/tree/gerrit/acls/openstack/swift.config#n2

Hope this helps,