[OpenStack-Infra] Failed release jobs for networking-arista

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Nov 4 20:32:07 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-04 12:34:11 -0600 (-0600), Kyle Mestery wrote:
> Yesterday I tried to release version 2015.2.0 of networking-arista,

Looks like it's okay now though, correct? At least I see it up on
PyPI fine.

> but I hit a few issues that I can't explain, so I'm hoping someone
> from infra can help me. Clark took a look with me yesterday [1].
> My initial problem I was using a tag of "2015.2". Per Clark's
> instructions, I re-tagged with 2015.2.0 and pushed the tag to
> gerrit.

Correct. PBR-using projects must tag with PBR's PEP-440/SemVer
normalized form (three component) to work, otherwise the tag does
not match what ends up in the tarball/wheel filenames.

> The jobs failed again [2].
>
> Looking specifically at the "networking-arista-merge-release-tags" job,
> it's failing because the remote is being rejected.

I wouldn't expect that job to succeed unless it's a tag on a stable
branch with no equivalent or newer tag present in master's history.
It's specifically meant to merge the tag from the latest stable
branch into master's history so that versioning in master is still
sane (a workaround for our release candidate process which allows
stable and master to diverge for a brief period prior to release).

In this case you tagged directly on master, so the job isn't
expected to succeed (as it in fact isn't needed).

> Looking specifically at the "networking-arista-pypi-both-upload" job [4],
> it's failing with a 404.
[...]

You're looking at the wrong log--that's the one which broke because
of the malformed tag. If you check
you'll see it succeeded with the corrected tag.