[OpenStack-Infra] Packaging Zuul for Debian

Antoine Musso hashar at free.fr
Tue Mar 10 22:11:18 UTC 2015

Hello,

Wikimedia deploys almost everything via Debian Packages, I am wondering
whether you gals and guys would be interested in providing a Debian
package for Zuul?

For the history, Paul Belanger started packaging Zuul last year and even
had a Gerrit project created:  openstack-infra/zuul-packaging  .
Unfortunately The repository is lacking core reviewers beside
openstack-infra-packagers.

I am going to migrate Wikimedia CI infrastructure to Debian/Jessie and
will definitely deploy Zuul via a package.

Wikimedia has a few Debian Developers in their infra team, so having
sponsors and reviews should not be a problem.  I am sure OpenStack has a
few people as well that might join the fun.

I am sure providing packages for Debian/stable and Ubuntu/LTS would make
the life easier to OpenStack third parties and other Zuul consumers. At
least one is interested! :-)

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso