[OpenStack-Infra] Packaging Zuul for Debian

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Tue Mar 10 22:29:22 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Antoine Musso's message of 2015-03-10 15:11:18 -0700:
> Hello,
>
> Wikimedia deploys almost everything via Debian Packages, I am wondering
> whether you gals and guys would be interested in providing a Debian
> package for Zuul?
>

> For the history, Paul Belanger started packaging Zuul last year and even
> had a Gerrit project created:  openstack-infra/zuul-packaging  .
> Unfortunately The repository is lacking core reviewers beside
> openstack-infra-packagers.
>
> I am going to migrate Wikimedia CI infrastructure to Debian/Jessie and
> will definitely deploy Zuul via a package.
>

> Wikimedia has a few Debian Developers in their infra team, so having
> sponsors and reviews should not be a problem.  I am sure OpenStack has a
> few people as well that might join the fun.
>

> I am sure providing packages for Debian/stable and Ubuntu/LTS would make
> the life easier to OpenStack third parties and other Zuul consumers. At
> least one is interested! :-)

Looks like it has been on Debian's WNPP for a while:

It's an RFP, so if you want to do it, I suggest assigning that RFP to
yourself as an ITP and pushing forward.

You might also consider doing it with the help of the Python
Applications Packaging Team (PAPT):

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam