[OpenStack-Infra] Puppet lint checks for system-config

Yolanda Robla Mota yolanda.robla-mota at hp.com
Wed Aug 12 15:09:04 UTC 2015

Hi
So my point here, is that i don't want to do a discrimination between
rules on puppet
modules and system-config. If we enforce lint rules, we should do it
everywhere.

For lint in system-config, once concern was that it affects history. But
as long as we are moving
more functionality to the modules, we have this problem there as well.

I'd like that we have common lint rules, the same for system-config and
for puppet modules.
Maybe a first step is to add lint rules to system-config as non-voting
and go gradually iterating
on it?

That's my take.