[OpenStack-Infra] Breaking changes in nodepool

James E. Blair jeblair at openstack.org
Fri Mar 28 23:26:29 UTC 2014

jeblair at openstack.org (James E. Blair) writes:

> If you're running nodepool from master, note that when this change
> merges, you will need to change your config file and either alter or
> drop the node table (to change the 'image_name' column to 'label_name').
>
>   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/82147/
>
> At some point I expect schema migrations and radical ideas like "tests"
> to make it into the nodepool repo, but for now it's still a very rough
> project and we aren't making any guarantees about being able to run it
> CD from master, so be careful if you are.

We've merged this, and a few bugfixes around it.  Here is the change to
our nodepool config that went with it:

  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/83618/

And on the database, you can either drop the tables or migrate the
schema by hand:

  alter table node change image_name label_name varchar(255) not null;

-Jim