[OpenStack-Infra] What's between us an a gerrit upgrade?

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Jan 2 15:35:10 UTC 2014

So as the review queues grow, and our gerrit becomes longer and longer
in the tooth, we are now getting to the point where people are spending
real time building local work arrounds for features lacking in gerrit
2.4 that have since been implemented upstream.

For instance, Gerrit 2.5 added the ability to put UnifiedDiffs in email
templates, which would let you know if the review in question touched
files that you like to keep an eye on (and trigger local filtering based
on that).

Gerrit 2.8 implements a secondary index mechanism that means we could
get file regex in the web ui for reviews.

We also apparently got custom dashboards somewhere along the way.

What's actually currently blocking the upgrade? Is it just time? or are
we still waiting on feature(s)? If so, do those feature(s) outweigh what
we are missing by being so far behind master?

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
Samsung Research America