[OpenStack-Infra] IRC op team

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Jan 2 16:59:13 UTC 2014

James E. Blair wrote:
> Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> writes:
>
>> In the short term, since adding ops is a slightly painful process, I'd
>> like to suggest we add one person in Europe and one in India/China to
>> that team to improve our op coverage. I'm volunteering for the Europe
>> position. I've started using IRC in 1993, if that counts as experience,
>> and I'm firmly entrenched in Europe CET :)
>
> Under the circumstances, this seems reasonable.  Is there a volunteer in
> APAC?  What channels would you like to cover?

I currently follow #openstack-dev #openstack-infra #openstack-nova
#openstack-packaging #openstack #openstack-foundation #openstack-fr and
#openstack-meeting[-alt].

That said, there is value in being able to help in case someone from
#openstack-foo comes begging for troll handling help in #openstack-infra
at 0900 UTC (true story). So having a minimal number of #openstack* ops
around the world is also helpful... But to avoid manual updating all the
channels, maybe we should wait for the permission handling bot before
establishing that * team ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)