[OpenStack-Infra] Multi-node aspects of the infra

Jérôme Gallard gallard.jerome at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:30:13 UTC 2014

Hi James,

Thanks for your answer!
As Mathieu said, we are currently working on the multi-node part of the
project and try to understand how the multi-node feature of nodepool could
be used by the other components of the infra.

Does something like the following lines make sense?

+ when a job with multi-node is required :
    - Jenkins selects a slave who has (for instance) the
"multi-devstack-precise" label
    - Jenkins clones devstack-gate inside the primary node
    - devstack-gate is executed "as usual" on the primary node (call of
devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh --> setup_workspace --> setup_project -->
devstack-vm-gate.sh --> setup_localrc --> stack.sh)
    - at the end of the execution of stack.sh, a new part of code into
devstack-vm-gate.sh will allow to SSH into the "subnodes" thanks to the
/etc/nodepool files (this step may probably be done in parallel)
        * devstack-gate is cloned inside the subnodes
        * devstack-vm-gate-wrap.sh is executed inside the subnodes with
specifics environments variables in order to generate a good localrc for
the subnodes (some modifications of setup_localrc may have to probably be
done)

Thanks for your comments!
Jérôme