[OpenStack-Infra] Multi-node aspects of the infra

Mathieu Rohon mathieu.rohon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:14:01 UTC 2014

Hi jim,

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I see the very nice set of patches merged for multi-node in nodepool.
>> Now that this part is done, will the next step be to modify devstack-gate
>> to allow it to take advantage of the new multi-node feature of nodepool?
>> There is already some work on that part?
>
> Yes, I think that will be the next step (at least, after this change:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/84473/ merges and we do some simple
> tests to validate that it works).
>
> I know that Sean Dague has run some multi-node devstack tests locally.
> I haven't looked at the multinode devstack code in a while, but I expect
> that we will need to have devstack-gate take the nodepool information
> and use it to configure devstack for multi-node.  Are you interested in
> working on that?
>
> -Jim

Thanks for your work on the multinode part of nodepool. Actually, we
spent some time to dive into nodepool code and concept to propose this
kind of evolution. Unfortunatly we didn't knew that you were working
on this, If we had known, we would have worked on the devstack-gate
evolution to take benefit of your effort. We probably should have open
a BP to have a better visibility.
However, it has helped us to better understand the CI process. As you
know, having some multinode test in the gate is something that we
would like to see as quick as possible. So we will try to spend some
time on it, and to propose some evolutions of devstack-gate (or any
other tool) to see jenkins running multinode tempest test. We don't
have your expertise on CI tools, so may be we should fill a BP to have
a place to discuss about specifications of this work?

Mathieu