[OpenStack-Infra] [Openstack-docs] How to openstack-doc-tools in gate jobs for openstack-manuals etc

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Dec 18 02:20:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-17 22:21:14 +0100 (+0100), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
[...]
> I've made an initial python package now out of openstack-doc-tools.

Looking at the repo, at a minimum there's still a few things you'll
need to pick up from...

But at a minimum you'll need a tox.ini with a [testenv:venv] section
so that the tarball job will be able to run its builder...

Ultimately, though, you should have a browse through the
cookiecutter repo and see whether there's anything else in there
which could be relevant to your project since it will be more
consistent with OpenStack python packaging consensus that way.

> I've briefly discussed with Fungi on IRC on the next steps. He
> mentioned that we need to get openstack-doc-tools uploading to
> pypi - and a way to release a new package version with signed
> tags. Fungi, will you do the pypi setup and explain what needs to
> be done with the signed tags by the documentation team, please?

I've registered a placeholder on PyPI which we'll be able to update
from Jenkins jobs...

You'll still need tarball and pypi-upload release jobs for your
project in zuul's configuration...

...and an entry in the JJB project configuration adding the
python-jobs group for your project (to instantiate the templates for
the jobs mentioned above)...

Being able to trigger the release process itself depends on a tag
ACL in Gerrit, which you'll want added to...

(Look in any of the python-*client.config files in that same
directory for a sample [access "refs/tags/*"] section.) You'll
probably want a smaller group than openstack-doc-core acting as a
release manager for this project, so maybe we need to discuss using
a openstack-doc-tools-ptl group to contain the PTL and release
delegates for it. The release process they'll follow is outlined
at...

> What do I then need to change in openstack-manuals to have it
> automatically use the latest version of the package?

If your jobs are run using tox, just sticking a line in
requirements.txt or test-requirements.txt of the project in question
which says "openstack-doc-tools" should be enough, but I'd need to
know a little more about which jobs you mean before I could say for
sure.