[OpenStack-Infra] [Openstack-docs] How to openstack-doc-tools in gate jobs for openstack-manuals etc

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Dec 18 18:43:13 UTC 2013

On 12/18/2013 03:20 AM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
> On 2013-12-17 22:21:14 +0100 (+0100), Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> [...]
>> I've made an initial python package now out of openstack-doc-tools.
>
> Looking at the repo, at a minimum there's still a few things you'll
> need to pick up from...
>
> [...]

Thanks for all these details, I'll take care of getting the
openstack-doc-tools repo and the config repo updated following them.

> If your jobs are run using tox, just sticking a line in
> requirements.txt or test-requirements.txt of the project in question
> which says "openstack-doc-tools" should be enough, but I'd need to
> know a little more about which jobs you mean before I could say for
> sure.

I'd like to replace the tools/test.py call for the openstack-doc-manuals
(see
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/config/tree/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/manuals-jobs.yaml,
the gate-openstack-manuals-validate-{check} template) and the
operations-guide (first patch that triggered this:
https://review.openstack.org/61204 ) replaced by the binary
openstack-doc-test from openstack-doc-test.

Right now the invocation is simply:
shell: "./tools/test.py --check-{check}"

We're not using requirements.txt or tox in openstack-manuals.

Andreas