[OpenStack-I18n] Two I18n presentations on Boston Summit & preparation for Forum is needed: Let's brainstorming!

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 19:02:19 UTC 2017

Hello translators,

I have three so delightful news to share with all translators regarding
Boston Summit & Forum.

First, I would like to happily announce that there will be two
presentations with I18n & translation during Boston Summit!

[Title: I18n-101: Introduction to translation and contributing qualified
translation with useful tips]
- Presenters: Zheng Xi Zhou (@zzxwill), Alex Eng (@aeng), Ian Y. Choi
(@ianychoi)
- Date & Time: Wednesday, May 10, 1:50pm-3:20pm
- Track: Hands-on Workshops
- More details: [1]

[Title: Participating in translation makes you an internationalized
OpenStacker & developer]
- Presenters: Zheng Xi Zhou (@zzxwill), Jean-François Taltavull
(@jftalta), Frank Kloeker (@eumel8)
- Date & Time: Thursday, May 11, 1:30pm-2:10pm
- Track: How to Contribute
- More details: [2]

@zzxwill (Chinese language team coordinator) suggested & actively
submitted those two presentations and they have been finally accepted as
two main presentations.
Thanks a lot!

Note that I have been notified that [3] was not accepted but approved as
an Alternate Session for potential inclusion.
If I receive a positive news on [3], then I will take appropriate
actions to make the possible panel discussion successfully land on
Boston Summit
(e.g., more discussion with speakers, well-preparing panel questions, ...).

Second, That's not all why it would be so nice and attractive for
translators to come to Boston Summit. Forum is also important for I18n!

There will be more Forum discussion(s) with I18n people - but not
limited to I18n: Zanata dev. team, Infra people, developers and operators.
I have created an Etherpad [4] to discuss ideas for nice topics during
Boston Forum and included the Etherpad on [5].
We have sufficient time to well organize, prepare, and make successful
Forum discussion(s) [6].

Please feel free to share your idea on [4] for fruitful discussions with
I18n & translation.

Third, recently, I have also heard that all ATCs received 300$ discount
codes a few days ago.
If you have translated >= 300 words from August 2016 to January 2017 but
have not received such discount codes,
please check your e-mail inbox with spam folder and if there is no such
e-mail for discount codes, then please tell me.
For such cases, I will take care of it by checking the exact statistics
[7, 8] and asking to Foundation if needed.

I hope that many translators will come to Boston, see the presentation
sessions, and also discuss I18n & translation feedback + issues for Forum.
Let's do brainstorming for Boston Summit & Forum for better I18n &
translation world in OpenStack!

[1]
https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/events/18387/i18n-101-introduction-to-translation-and-contributing-qualified-translation-with-useful-tips
[2]