[OpenStack-I18n] [openstack-docs] [dev] What's up, doc?
a.settle at outlook.com
Mon Mar 27 16:52:16 UTC 2017
Team team team team team,
Well the last month has just FLOWN by since the PTG. We've got plenty going on in the doc team...
This week I have been helping out the security team with the Security Guide. We've been working on some cursory edits, and removal of content. A few patches have already made it through - thanks to the OSIC security team for tackling some of the outstanding bugs. There'll be more edits coming from me in the next few weeks. To see our planning: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/sec-guide-pike
I am also in the process of drafting a governance tag for our install guides. Would be great for everyone to review and understand what the process will involve: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/445536/
Shoutout and big thanks to Brian Moss and the nova team who worked together tirelessly to document Nova v2 Cells and Placement API - which was a massive blocker for our Installation Guide.
Also, thank you to our Ocata release managers, Maria Zlatkova and Brian Moss for cutting the branch! Pike is well and truly underway now.
Ianeta Hutchinson has done an awesome job for the last two weeks in keeping our bug list under control. We are down to an amazing 104 bugs in queue, and 59 bugs closed this cycle already! Next week, we have Lana who will be looking after the bug triage liaison role! If you're sitting there thinking "bugs are for me, I really love triaging bugs!" well, you're in luck! We have a few spots open for the rest of the cycle: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/SpecialityTeams#Bug_Triage_Team
== The Road to the Summit in Boston ==
* Schedule has been released: https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/
* Docs and I18n have a project onboarding room at the summit, keep an eye out on the dev ML for more information. Kendall will inform us when the time comes. Anyone around to help me with that? http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2017-March/114149.html
* Docs project update will be delivered by me (asettle) on Mon 8, 3:40pm-4:20pm. https://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/summit-schedule/global-search?t=Alexandra+Settle
== Specialty Team Reports ==
* API - Anne Gentle: There's still a lot of discussion on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/421846/ which is about API change guidelines. Take a look and join in on the review. Also on the openstack-dev list, there's a thread about the future of the app catalog, which is relevant to the app developer audience so I include it here: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack dev/2017-March/113362.html<http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack%20dev/2017-March/113362.html> Also related to the app dev audience is the wrapping up of the App Ecosystem working group: http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/user-committee/2017-March/001825.html
* Configuration Reference and CLI Reference - Tomoyuki Kato: N/A
* High Availability Guide - Ianeta Hutchinson: At the Atlanta PTG, the documentation team outlined a new table of contents that is now upstream as a draft here: https://github.com/openstack/openstack-manuals/tree/master/doc/ha-guide-draft. A blocker to progress in the past had been a lack of SME’s for the topic of high availability but that is no longer the case \o/. The OSIC DevOps team has an “adopt-a-guide” project in which they are collaborating with the OpenStack docs community and OSIC Docs team to apply the new ToC and validate all content for the guide. The progress of this collaboration is being tracked here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hw4axU2IbLlsjKpz9_EGlKQt0S6siViik7ETjNg_MgI/edit?usp=sharing We are calling for more contributors both as SME's and tech writers. Ping iphutch if interested!
* Hypervisor Tuning Guide - Blair Bethwaite: N/A
* Installation guides - Lana Brindley: Cells bug is closer to being fixed, and we are closer to a complete test install https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/OcataDocTesting look at all that green!). We're planning to branch Ocata by the end of this week.
* Networking Guide - John Davidge: N/A
* Operations and Architecture Design guides - Darren Chan: Arch Design Guide: Minor IA and general cleanup of the storage, compute, and networking sections in the Design chapter. Currently updating gaps in storage design content. Ops Guide: Removed cloud architecture content (migrated to the Arch Design Guide).
* Security Guide - Nathaniel Dillon: Edits from Alex going through, and patches from the OSIC DevOps team. See above for more info.
* Training Guides - Matjaz Pancur: For Training guides, related topics: a new brand for activities around OpenStack Upstream University/Training. It is now known as OpenStack Upstream Institute (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Upstream_Institute)
* Training labs - Roger Luethi: We are currently testing our automated version of the Ocata install-guide. We had a problem with Ubuntu's new ISO image (16.04.2 LTS) which is now resolved.
* User guides - Joseph Robinson: Several other Legacy commands were converted to OS commands this week. Reviewed the Admin Guide spec.
* Theme and Tools - Brian Moss: I'd like to do an openstackdocstheme release soon, as we've got some items (PDF styling, search page JS fix, image centering) that would be good to have in production. Any concerns or last minute items to merge please let me know. We've had some issues come up with the auto-generation scripts. Some have been fixed already (thanks Kato and Christian!), and we're investigating others. If you notice anything amiss or would like to help out, please let me know. 46 open bugs, 8 closed in Pike
== Doc team meeting ==
Our next meeting will be on Thursday, 7 April at 2100 UTC in #openstack-meeting-alt.
For more meeting details, including minutes and the agenda: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/DocTeamMeeting
Have a great week :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-I18n