[OpenStack-I18n] translated release note: import criteria and publishing

Robert Simai robert.simai at suse.com
Thu Mar 9 14:50:19 UTC 2017

On Thursday, 9 March 2017, 14:31:50 CET, Akihiro Motoki wrote:

[...]

> > I however wonder how you make sure in this situation that readers can
>
> navigate
>
> > properly through the release notes of a project if only some of them are
> > translated. (How) do you fall back to the original if there's no
>
> translated
>
> > release notes document for a release?
>
> Actually the whole release notes are generated.
> If corresponding strings are translated translated versions are used, and
> if not original strings are used, so I think there is no navigation problem.
> For example,
> https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/horizon/ja/unreleased.html
> contains untranslated strings. the same thing happens for untranslated
> releases.

>From this page you can go back in time (previous and next topic in the left
side menu), to access the previous releases.

My concern is, if not all release notes files from all releases are published,
then this navigation will break, even if you link back to the original
language page. On the other hand, if you publish translations for all
releases, even if only one is above threshold, then this is not really helpful
for users.

   Robert