[OpenStack-I18n] translated release note: import criteria and publishing

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 14:31:50 UTC 2017

Hi Robert,

> Hi Akihiro,
>
> I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for. Is it to either apply the
> threshold to the whole release notes, including all previous releases, or
> just one release?
>
> If yes, then I personally have no real preference. We could make it a bit
> easier by looking at the per release progress and publish based on that.

Yes, that is what I would like to discuss.

> I however wonder how you make sure in this situation that readers can
navigate
> properly through the release notes of a project if only some of them are
> translated. (How) do you fall back to the original if there's no
translated
> release notes document for a release?

Actually the whole release notes are generated.
If corresponding strings are translated translated versions are used, and
if not original strings are used, so I think there is no navigation problem.
For example,
https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/horizon/ja/unreleased.html
contains untranslated strings. the same thing happens for untranslated
releases.