[OpenStack-I18n] to update page http://docs.openstack.org/zh_CN/?

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 08:32:21 UTC 2016

Hello Will Zhou!

As Andreas mentioned, it is not a good idea to include each language
landing page
in draft translated results.

However, in my opinion, there are several Chinese-translated documents
such as
: http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/zh_CN/install-guide-ubuntu/
: http://docs.openstack.org/liberty/zh_CN/install-guide-obs/ .

For Liberty and Mitaka translated documents, sure!
Would you list up and prioritize which Chinese documents are needed to
include in your landing page?

Andreas Jaeger wrote on 9/28/2016 5:12 PM:
> On 2016-09-28 10:06, Will Zhou wrote:
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> I just see one link in page http://docs.openstack.org/zh_CN/ for release
>> Liberty/Mitakta. Our Chinese translators are wondering whether we can
>> have the page updated with links on what we have translated?
> What content exactly?
>
> Note that we do not yet link to Newton specific content, this will only
> be done once Newton is released.
>
>> BTW, there are installation guides links for Chinese (zh_CN) on
>> page http://docs.openstack.org/draft/draft-index.html. Does it mean
>> links would be available to page http://docs.openstack.org/zh_CN/  after
>> the draft links went to release? Thanks
> Not automatically, language teams need to update the index page themselves.
>
> Before we publish a link, you should review that the rendered version
> really looks fine and that there are no problems.
> A few missing translations are fine - but review it so that it works.
>
> For example the link on the top of
> http://docs.openstack.org/draft/zh_CN/install-guide-obs/keystone-openrc.html
> looks broken - something a review should catch and fix.
>
> Once that review has happened, propose a change to the index page, it
> lives in openstack-manuals/www/
Note that this *review* is another important thing for the presentation
of translated documents.
Although translation progress is 100%, some translated strings may cause
errors and somethings
might see differently than originally expected.

To modify your landing page, you can propose a patch like
: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/355108/ (Indonesian landing page) on
openstack/openstack-manuals repository
in master branch (it should not be other stable branches for landing pages).

Of course, i18n team members would like to happily help to revise your
landing page
with containing more translated documents :)