[OpenStack-I18n] Disabling translation sync for mitaka?

Ian Y. Choi ianyrchoi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 16:29:58 UTC 2016

Hello Andreas,

Andreas Jaeger wrote on 7/20/2016 3:16 PM:
> On 2016-07-20 06:12, Ian Y. Choi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The current translation plan in https://translate.openstack.org/ says that
>> the due of translating install-guide for Mitaka is August.
>>
>> Korean team has recently finished translating install-guide for Mitaka.
>> How about other teams?
>>
>> Also, I am a little bit worried if there are some changes on original
>> documentation in stable/mitaka branch,
>> changing translations would be also needed.
> Is this only about Document translation? Or is there interest to
> continue translation of server and WEb UI projects?
For current translation plan, yes: only about Document translation.

I think most translation teams are not interested in translating server
projects on stable branches too much.

For web UI projects, although the volume of changes are not too much,
some translators have contributed translations on stable/mitaka branch
for several web UI projects.

It seems that whether including translation on stable branches for web
UI projects or not would be in a kind of cut-off region.
IMO not including web UI projects is a good idea since the amount of
translations are relatively small.

Note that it is my personal opinion.
If other teams are focusing on translations on server projects and/or
web UI projects, please share with us :)

>> So currently I think option 3 would be great.
>> IMO Xenial is nice enough to cover both Neutron and Mitaka CI jobs for
>> translation.
>>
>> Will there be other rationales to be considered?
> Please speak up. We have a plan how to do this for infra which involves
> quite some duplicating of the standard jobs - and I'd like to see what
> we can do here,
Option 1 would be the worst among three options I think, since jobs are
split to Xenial and Trusty and there will be two different management
points, which will be complicated..

> Andreas
>
>> With many thanks,
>>
>> /Ian
>>

>> Andreas Jaeger wrote on 7/19/2016 10:50 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we're preparing the move to Xenial now in OpenStack CI and for those I
>>> wonder how to handle translations.
>>>
>>> We have these options:
>>>
>>> 1) We can continue to run mitaka on Trusty but that means work to split
>>> up jobs so that newton runs on Xenial but mitaka on Trusty.
>>>
>>> 2) We can disable mitaka on Trusty and only do Xenial jobs.
>>>
>>> 3) We can use translation setup for both newton and mitaka using Xenial.
>>>

>>> In addition, I'd like to disable the liberty documentation translation
>>> that we currently still have for OpenStack manuals.
+1