[OpenStack-I18n] Disabling translation sync for mitaka?

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Jul 20 06:16:07 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-20 06:12, Ian Y. Choi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The current translation plan in https://translate.openstack.org/ says that
> the due of translating install-guide for Mitaka is August.
>
> Korean team has recently finished translating install-guide for Mitaka.
> How about other teams?
>
> Also, I am a little bit worried if there are some changes on original
> documentation in stable/mitaka branch,
> changing translations would be also needed.

Is this only about Document translation? Or is there interest to
continue translation of server and WEb UI projects?

> So currently I think option 3 would be great.
> IMO Xenial is nice enough to cover both Neutron and Mitaka CI jobs for
> translation.
>
> Will there be other rationales to be considered?

Please speak up. We have a plan how to do this for infra which involves
quite some duplicating of the standard jobs - and I'd like to see what
we can do here,

Andreas

> With many thanks,
>
> /Ian
>

> Andreas Jaeger wrote on 7/19/2016 10:50 PM:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we're preparing the move to Xenial now in OpenStack CI and for those I
>> wonder how to handle translations.
>>
>> We have these options:
>>
>> 1) We can continue to run mitaka on Trusty but that means work to split
>> up jobs so that newton runs on Xenial but mitaka on Trusty.
>>
>> 2) We can disable mitaka on Trusty and only do Xenial jobs.
>>
>> 3) We can use translation setup for both newton and mitaka using Xenial.
>>

>> In addition, I'd like to disable the liberty documentation translation
>> that we currently still have for OpenStack manuals.
>>
>> I can work on option 2 - but options 1 and 3 are more involved, if that
>> is the overall preference, I will need help from others - especially in
>> reviewing that everything works and fixing if needed.
>>
>> Can we go with 2 now? If not, which projects still get mitaka
>> translation?
>>
>> Andreas

       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)