[Openstack-i18n] Terminologies in repo

Ying Chun Guo guoyingc at cn.ibm.com
Wed Nov 11 10:10:29 UTC 2015

Hello, team

I have submitted a patch to our repo for review, containing all the
terminologies and translations we made.
https://review.openstack.org/244031
I want to discuss about how to handle these assets we made.

Currently, I use a google doc to store the terms and the translations.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BRizUNhDLl_6NtsGconFkxsKUqAmEEGum9IcyurGdrQ/edit#gid=0
I want to move these assets to our repo.

My plan is to use pot and po files to store the terms and the translations.
Then create a project named as "terminology" in Zanata, and
create auto jobs to manage the synchronization between i18n repo and
Zanata.

So the process to update terms are:
- If a people wants to add a new term to the terminology,
submit a patch to i18n repo to change the original term.pot file.
- If a people want to update a translation of a term,
go to Zanata to update the translation.

Let me know your thoughts to my design.
Thank you.

Best regards