[Openstack-i18n] Final plans before translations switch to Zanata

Steve Kowalik steven at wedontsleep.org
Thu Aug 27 02:58:29 UTC 2015

On 27/08/15 02:34, Elizabeth K. Joseph wrote:
> 3. Figure out why Wildfly 9.1 isn't being installed and used (instead
> of 8.1 that we began with), in spite of changing the download link
> (it's being downloaded) and upgrading the puppet-wildfly module
> (Steve: you've doven into the latest changes in the puppet-wildfly
> module, perhaps you're in a good place to look at this?)

With a fresh install, I'd be very surprised if 8.1 was still being
installed. For a puppet run with 8.1 already deployed, the archive
module will not download and install from the URL if the file
specified in creates => exists, so you have to remove
/opt/wildfly/jboss-modules.jar and re-run puppet, which sadly breaks the
site while
you're trying to upgrade it. :-(

> 3. Generally make sure everything on our script side of things is
> going well (StevenK has done an amazing job with these so I'm not
> worried)

The only thing I'm concerned about here is there is currently no
support for pulling translations for Horizon or the OpenStack manuals
projects, due to having multiple directories with overlapping locales.

For example, horizon master has:

If we perform what we do for the simple case of looking for locales and
pulling from the server, we end up pulling down Catalan translations
for openstack_dashboard, which isn't intended.

I have previously had discussions with Carlos about this issue, and
per-document download would help -- or an option to zanata-cli to only
freshen local documents when pulling.

> I think that's it. I'll do my best to check in and reply to email and
> IRC pings while I'm traveling, but some things may need to wait until
> I'm back at my hotel in the [US east coast] evening. I'll be back the
> [US west coast] night of Sunday, September 6th. The 7th is a holiday
> in the US, but I'll be available if we have unexpected problems to
> work through.

I also have some traveling coming up -- I'll be in New Zealand from the
4th of September until the 7th -- most of that is a weekend so we
should be fine, but most of the Friday and Monday will be lost dealing
with airports and airplanes.

"I'm a doctor, not a doorstop!"
         - EMH, USS Enterprise

More information about the Openstack-i18n mailing list