[Openstack-i18n] ATC candidates listing - call for coodinators' action

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Aug 6 14:34:35 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-06 23:01:27 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
[...]
> [ATC status definition]
> ATC status was previously given to contributors in the past two
> release cycle, but AFAIK from Vancouver Summit it was changed and
> contributor in the last one release cycle can get ATC status.
> Though I don't have the original definition at the moment, it is
> what Stefano answered at ask.openstack.org, so I believe it is the
> latest and reliable information.
[...]

It's best not to conflate "ATC" (legally defined in appendix 4 part
3.b of the foundation bylaws[1] used for determining voter rolls in
technical elections) with complimentary discount codes sent to
contributors (requirements for which are determined by the event
organizers on the foundation staff and vary from cycle to cycle).

For the Mitaka summit we're inviting contributors who have been
involved since Kilo release day (April 30, 2015) as decided by the
staff of the OpenStack Foundation based on criteria for available
design summit space, logistics and supporting budget. Exceptions can
be requested from summitreg at openstack.org or via TC resolution
adding specific contributors to the "extra ATCs" list[2][3] (since
contributors on that list receive summit discount codes
automatically regardless of how recent their code contributions
are).

[1] http://www.openstack.org/legal/technical-committee-member-policy/
[2] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/extra-atcs
[3] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/i18n.html#extra-atcs