[Openstack-i18n] translation member coordination

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 12:32:03 UTC 2014

Hi Frans,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Frans Thamura <frans at meruvian.org> wrote:
> hi all
>
> we have a lot new translator right now, but we still dont have fulltime
>
> and yes as the coordinator, i found several people do translation, and
> i found also several translate horizon, which I am working with
> training guide and installation guide
>
> any idea to know, which area that we should work.

I agree that focusing translation targets is a good idea, but
I think how to choose main targets varies across languages.
We don't necessarily choose targets as I18N team as a whole.
It depends on translator interests, community needs and so on.
The installation guide is updated per cycle, so if most operators
can read English document it is not so useful to spend time to translate it.

A case of Japanese community, translators depend on translator
interests in general,
but some translation efforts on Horizon, Operation Guide, Security Guides are
announced and discussed in the local mailing list as call for
translation/reviews.

> sadly, i dont think can release the horizon in on time, because the
> time deadline.

You have a chance to include your language translation into Horizon release
after the release of Juno. We have a plan to update translations on each
stable update release. From our past experience the first stable update for Juno
will be about two months after the release. More exact date will be clear after
Kilo Summit November. Thus I would suggest to continue the work even if
it is not in time for Juno release.

Akihiro Motoki <amotoki at gmail.com>